Modern women are more active than ever before, enjoying running, yoga, and even weightlifting. Physical activities often require supportive gear and clothing to provide comfort and safety. The same goes for your bras; your breasts need adequate support during exercise to prevent discomfort.
Even the top athletes featured on the covers of fitness magazines have to consider what would be the right bra to wear. Sport is a serious business.
Determining What You Need
What is the level of impact of the activity you are engaging in? Different types of sports necessitate differing degrees of support for your bust. Pilates or yoga usually do not require heavy activity, so even unpadded bras can be enough. It's different for activities like basketball or running, where a lot of movement is involved. In such cases, opting for something with proper padding is better to minimize discomfort.
Remember that the thinner the fabric, the less stability it provides. While lighter textiles may be more comfortable and breathable, these will not offer the necessary sturdiness for high-impact activities such as intense cardio workouts. Remember that proper breast support is crucial for preventing discomfort and potential damage.
What's Your Size?
Well-fitted underwear is the cornerstone of comfort and performance during physical activities. Professional fitting services are great, but every woman can measure herself at home at no cost. If you have a tape measure or a piece of string, you're ready to go.
- Determine the band size first. Wrap the string or tape measure around your ribs, just below your breasts. Note down the measurement.
- Do the same in the fullest part of your bust, not pulling the tape measure too tight. This will help you calculate the cup dimension.
- The last step is equally simple: subtract the band measurement from the bust measurement. Almost every online shop has a size chart in which you can find the cup that corresponds to your result.
Remember not to size up or down; choose the bra that is the closest to your measurements, even if it appears different from what you usually wear. Brands may have vast differences in sizing!
Key Features to Check a Sports Bra For
Women's preferences vary, but there are a few things to consider when you want to order a sports bra. Examine the collection you like for a few basic features to ensure you get a high-quality product for a fair price.
- Adjustable straps are a must-have. They allow you to customize the fit for a specific activity level.
- If you do not like underwire bras, go for a wireless one with a wide band to keep everything in place.
- High-impact activities may require extra padding to reduce bounce and give additional support.
- Moisture-wicking fabrics remove sweat from your skin during exercise, keeping you dry and comfortable.
- Back closures are quite practical. This kind of bra is durable enough for an intense workout.
Functionality is essential, and a good underwear manufacturer understands this. Fortunately, getting a properly fitted sports bra in Canada is far easier than competing in the Olympics.
Women's Sports Bras
Showing 106 products